Thursday, October 14, 2010

Reactions since 2nd Hizentra Treatment

I haven't posted since 2 days after my last treatment, and I'd have to say that this most recent treatment was amazingly better than the first one.

I had a few headaches since then, but none as intense as last week, and I made a point of checking that my muscles weren't tense, and taking a clonazepam if so. I saw my chiropractor again on Tuesday and he said that most of my pain was due to muscle spasms or knots, and worked many of them out. I'm starting to think that the Hizentra (and other gammaglobulin treatments IVIG or SubQ) cause the muscles to tighten up, and may even contribute to knots. Just my theory, and I don't have any kind of medical degree, so take it with a grain of salt.

Overall this week has been much better than last week.

1 comment:

  1. I recently just started Hizentra too and so far so good! I had one headache 5 days after my first infusion but I think it was from weather changes. I have a history of migraine headaches so its normal for me to get one from time to time.
    Anyway best of luck to you! If you want look me up on facebook..I am always posting about my journey with PIDD.
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete