Saturday, October 9, 2010

Second Hizentra Treatment! :)

I woke up infusion day with my stomach still feeling unstable, allover body weakness, and sore muscles from vomiting. I showered, got dressed, and was just reading my support group page when my nurse arrived. This time I knew what I needed for the treatment and set everything out, only checking with her once I thought I had everything ready. She showed me an alternate way to get the medication into the syringe that I like better than the way she showed me the first time because it puts fewer bubbles into the medication and is still easy enough for me to do it.

I really appreciate that Accredo overnighted the extra supplies that I would need to have a more successful treatment to me. The package included larger needles, quadfurcated tubing for 4 needle sites, and smaller rate tubing so that my infusion would go more slowly--allowing the medication to be absorbed while it's being administered. My nurse requested the larger needles so that it would be easier for me to get my medication into the syringe, and I'm so glad she did!

For this treatment I took a Zofran for nausea as well as Benadryl, and after awhile I decided to take a clonazepam as well because my nurse had said that it helps relax the muscles, and after the last treatment my neck and back muscles were so stiff and sore that I think it contributed to--or maybe even caused--my migraine.

Because of the slower rate tubing it took about 3.5 hours for my infusion this time, but it was so worthwhile! I have very small welts at some sites, and none at all at others!

I woke up this morning (first day after) with no migraine, but weakness and tiredness, however; those could be due to the vomiting from the day before my infusion. Overall it's been a good day and I'm feeling highly encouraged! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment