Monday, October 4, 2010

Third Day after Hizentra

I felt pretty bad when I woke up this morning, the headache is nearly gone, but it's more like...like I'm really getting sick. I didn't want to wake up, and didn't want to get out of bed either. I got up, showered and worked, but felt like I was really pushing myself to get through the day. I have chest congestion, a sick taste in my mouth, weakness, sinus pain and pressure, slightly sore throat, I keep feeling short of breath, and feel like I might be getting a cough. A friend from my support group said it might be a reaction from the Hizentra, as she had a similar experience after her first treatment, but I guess time will tell. I took a Benadryl just in case it might help.

I took my temperature. I usually don't bother since even when I'm really sick with pneumonia I tend to not get fevers--in fact, I'm usually at least a whole degree below normal, and so if I'm around normal I think of it as a slight fever. Tonight my temperature is 98.3.

My mom reminded me last night that my nurse had told me to use ice or heat for my injection sites when they hurt. I'd forgotten that, and was just using heat, but it seemed counterintuitive to use heat for swelling, so I tried ice. That was soothing. They have hardly bothered me at all today.

No comments:

Post a Comment