Saturday, October 2, 2010

The First Day After My First SubQ Treatment

I woke up with a splitting headache (migraine really) that seemed to reach from the base of my skull all the way up to my forehead. At first I didn't even want to try moving because I was afraid that the room would start spinning. I rolled over in bed and tried to go back to sleep but when I closed my eyes I would see what appeared be dim red lights throbbing, so I knew if I kept my eyes closed that would make me sick. I let myself wake up slowly, and after a few minutes had to get up to go to the bathroom. Luckily, the room didn't spin too much, but I kept hearing a high-pitched ringing that made my head hurt more.

I got back in bed and mom made me an iced tea to get some caffeine into my system, and also brought me some food so I could take some painkillers. I took a fioricet (prescription medication for migraines) and also took a medication for nausea.

I thought the knots had disappeared last night, but they're still there if a little smaller, and are still sore to the touch.


Hours After Waking...
I still have the headache, although it is less intense than when I first woke up, and the knots are still there and sore, but most of them are about half the size they were yesterday. I am also fatigued. Despite these side effects, It is not as bad as the first however-many IVIG infusions I'd had before realizing what a huge factor infusion speed is in how I feel afterwards. If I can get the side effects under control for this, I think it could really work for me. I still think it might be a good fit for me. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment