Friday, December 17, 2010

Sixth Gammagard Infusion

I've had kind of a rough week, so I'm behind on writing about this. It's actually exactly a week later and I'm doing my 7th infusion right now, but I'll post about this one separately.


My 6th infusion went very smoothly. The whole thing took 7 hours, but I made it through the infusion with only 50mg of Benadryl as well as the 20 mg Prednisone, inhaler, and Tylenol. As usual I had insomnia after the infusion. I'm still not sure whether the insomnia is caused by the infusion itself or the steroids or both. I know steroids can cause it, but I think the infusion itself does too. I took 20 more mg of Prednisone towards the end of the infusion too.

I noticed a slight headache (if I remember correctly) towards the end of the infusion, so I took some extra Tylenol later. The next day (Saturday) I woke up feeling tired and weak, but not to the point that I've come to expect. It was much milder overall, and I was actually able to have a weekend where I felt almost like a normal person!

No comments:

Post a Comment