Saturday, December 4, 2010

Gammagard 5 (almost sounds like a band name)

I had my fifth Gammagard infusion yesterday. It went pretty well, and there was no vomiting this time. We got off to a late start with it, and so the infusion didn't start 'til 6:00 PM, then I spaced out on changing the syringe halfway through, and so the infusion didn't end until 2:00 AM. I think I need to set a timer for changing it.
I took my benadryl at the very start of the infusion. That's the best way that I can insure that my brain won't be foggy when I'm setting everything up. I'm a small person, and 50mg of benadryl is mentally overwhelming for me. I have a hard time following a plot on a tv show on 50mg of benadryl, let alone giving myself an infusion!
This time though, my boyfriend put all the needles in me. He's squeamish about needles, but does it to make it easier for me. I very much appreciate it, as it relieves a lot of my stress.
I had some breathing trouble during the infusion, but it was very slight and I took my rescue inhaler at the start and every 4 hours during until I went to bed. I also took another 2 benadryl and 2 tylenol 4 hours into it.
Today I feel weak and tired, but after 4 benadryl yesterday, I'm really not surprised by that. I'm continuing to hydrate well, and don't have much pain other than waking up with a headache that more tylenol seemed to help. I've pretty much spent the day in bed.
I'm continuing to hope that my infusions will get better and easier and I'll start needing less medication during them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment