Friday, September 17, 2010

Eleventh IVIG Treatment

So the Hizentra did not get approved in time for me to avoid going back for another infusion at the infusion center. Once again I outlined the rates and transitions that I wanted, and hope to avoid hassles with the nurses.
I'm having my infusion right now. It's going well, and I'm hoping that I'll have very few reactions since I'm on prednisone and they gave me my normal 50mg of Hydrocortisone as well. I'm keeping them to my usual rate of 25 for 30 minutes, 50 for 2 hours, and 75 til the end. With the additional steroids and low speed I really hope this one will be a good one! 
I arrived at or before 8:00 AM, and they took me in late...maybe nearly 9:00 before they started. I was finished and sitting on the bench waiting for mom to bring the car around by 5:15, so it was at least 8 hours long. As far as reactions go I'm doing well, but I think the 2 different kind of steroids are playing havoc with my emotions. I feel like a wreck and that everything I want and need completely conflicts with everything else I need and want. I took 1/2 a clonazepam when I got home and slept for awhile, and am now listening to soothing music and playing a game trying to be calm and let go of these awful steroid emotions in a healthy way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment