Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hizentra Arrived this Morning!!! :D

I'm so excited! My Hizentra and supplies arrived this morning! I'm scheduled for my training with the nurse and first treatment in 2 days!
Box of SubQ Supplies
Box of Hizentra
I was a little overwhelmed by the size of the boxes. The Hizentra was packaged by itself in a Styrofoam cooler with ice packs, which is good because there's no shade on the patio, and the Fed Ex guy just left it there. The pharmacy said I could actually tell them to get a signature and make sure that it's delivered to a person, but I was afraid that I'd miss him and then have to deal with going to pick up the boxes...I just didn't want that extra hassle.

The other box contains literally everything that I will need for my infusions. The latex gloves are a problem for me as I have a latex allergy, but I'll straighten that out with the pharmacy. I don't know whether they send all the supplies every month, or if it's just a first-time introductory thing. This box contains gloves, tape, a lidocaine cream, an EpiPen (I think that was special-ordered by my doctor), a sharps container, alcohol swabs, bandages and clear patches to hold the needles in place, all the tubing, syringes and needles I will need for awhile, and the infusion pump with a carry-case. This box is kind of intimidating, but I'm just going to leave it sit and wait for the nurse to walk me through everything. If I get some energy later I'll lay things out and take a picture of what they sent me.

No comments:

Post a Comment