Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Doctors and Insurance Companies

Yesterday I was chatting with a friend who has been fighting with her insurance company for a year to try to get coverage for infusions, and she told me that they had finally agreed to cover her for a year!!! I'm so happy for her because she's been so sick for so long, and constantly had trouble finding doctors who would help her. It shocks me that so many members in my favorite support group have had doctors refuse to treat them once they found out that the person had CVID! Makes me think they swore a hypocritical oath rather than the Hippocratic oath! Sometimes these doctors will admit that the case is too complicated for them...but don't they consider referrals at least??? I mean, we CVID patients are desperately seeking relief from pain, gastrointestinal problems, breathing problems, skin problems and doctors just say "You're too complicated, get out of my office!"? What's wrong with this system?


No comments:

Post a Comment