Friday, May 14, 2010

Aftereffects of Fifth IVIG Treatment...and Worst Ever!

Space Cadet
All of this week I have not been functioning! I am very spacey, making lots of typos when I write, forgetting how to spell words that I KNOW, and unable to do basic math. On top of that, I've been misreading a lot of words and also unable to focus on much of anything. On Tuesday I completely missed a dentist appointment and didn't remember it until 10:00 PM, and I also forgot all of my medication that day up until 7:00 PM. That includes seizure meds and asthma meds, and I've kind of been wondering whether I've been having some absence seizures or something and if that's why I'm so out of it. One thing I do know is that I've had hives nearly every night since my infusion and have had to take benadryl every night so I don't spend the whole night scratching. I'm sure that's at least part of the spacey problem. I saw my therapist today and mentioned that I didn't think it was due to depression, although I tend to get into a similar state when I'm very depressed, but she agreed that I don't seem depressed at all.  
I definitely want to have them slow down my infusion rate because if this is all post-treatment stuff...which I think it is in one way or another...then that's ridiculous! One person told me that she starts at 50 and increases it by 10 every 15 minutes to 150. Considering I usually have mine at 175, that sounds like a good place for me to start. I hope that it won't be a big fight with nurses to get them to slow down, but I think my doctor will back me up on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment