Thursday, July 1, 2010

Immunologist Appointment


I saw my immunologist yesterday, and we agreed that when I see her in September she'll set me up to start on Hizentra SubQ. I'm excited, and would like to start sooner, but she's kind of swamped and will be the first doctor in her department to start a patient on SubQ. Her nurse is on vacation for the next 5 weeks, so she wants to wait until her nurse is back to help her with the forms. I gave her a copy of my insurance card just in case it turns out to be easy enough for her to set it up without her nurse, but I'm not holding my breath over it. She said she has an even more complicated patient right now who's needing a lot of her help and she's having to do a lot of research to help this person. I don't begrudge that since she helped me the same way, and it's awesome to know that your doctor cares enough to spend that kind of time to investigate and try to find the best answers. 


She'd never heard of Hizentra before, she'd only heard of Vivaglobulin, but when I told her that they're made by the same company, she was less worried about doing the Hizentra than she was when I first mentioned the name. I'd considered printing off a copy of Hizentra info from their website, but didn't. I wish I had as it might have made things a little easier for her, nevertheless, she's willing to put me on it. From the time she left the office until the nurse came back in to give me back my disability form, my doctor had phoned the drug manufacturer and found out what pump to prescribe for me and was already trying to get the ball rolling. I really appreciate her attitude!


She authorized my return to work at 20 hours per week, and didn't give an end date for now, although I just realized that will be necessary for Cigna to cover my disability payments while I'm part time. Oh well, hopefully they'll be in the office tomorrow. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment